Powered By Blogger

Friday 5 August 2011

Peri Peri Chicken - marinade POST NO 3

Right

I'm being hassled now, so I'm going to get you to marinate the chicken and then you will have to get out of my face for a bit because I have to complete this stupid speech thing for work.

Here is what you need. Make sure the garlic is good and fine and feel free to get angry:

1 lemon - total lemon, zest, juice etc. not the white bits
3-4 garlic cloves finely chopped. Or smooshed with a press or something
1 tspn dried oregano
1 tspn smoked paprika
Maldon sea salt (a sort of a bit, to taste preference)
Tbspn olive oil

Dump all this gear into some type of dish thing. and sort of swirl around. Where it says 1 lemon, what I do  is zest the lemon into the swirled-around stuff and also include all the juice of a big lemon. You want it good and lemony so if the lemon is smaller, or not especially juicy, squeeze 2 lemons. This way you can feel like you are in control and not just following instructions like some bastard  pawn of the system.

I hate the system! I throw the system to the GROUND!

Here is the kinky bit - put the poussin (breast side up or maybe down. I don't know. Get off my case) in the dish and give it a thorough massage, working your marinade  into all bits of the flesh. For some reason, the word flesh always seems a bit kinky to me.

Try not to enjoy it because that would be weird. If you do enjoy it, don't tell anyone. Tell them you got really angry.

Cover with cling-film and dump it in the fridge. This is where I always get angry because you need to rearrange 6-packs and overdue salsa to make room. Even though I have a massive fridge. You will probably locate about 4 half-filled containers of sour cream while doing this - leave them since they are starting to go an interesting colour and may turn into a cure for something if left to do their thing. At the same time you probably notice you are out of milk or some critical thing, so you will be good and angry for a while.

Leave it in there for a few hours. Go have a smoke and spend some quality time with a cat.

Here is an image of a totally quality cat:

1 comment:

Meriel said...

I'm likely to have more problems with yoyo cat rather than yodelling cat.